Starting June 15, 2022, Chase credit cardholders can receive a 1 time free Instacart+ membership for 3, 6, or 12 months. The length of the Instacart+ membership varies depending on the specific Chase credit card the customer holds.
Only customers in the United States may access this promotion. The promotion must be redeemed on the United States Instacart platform. Canadian customers aren’t eligible, and can’t redeem this offer through the Canada Instacart platform.
- Eligible customers can redeem the free Instacart+ membership even if they had an Instacart+ membership previously.
- Active Instacart+ members can extend their membership for free by 3, 6, or 12 months depending on which Chase credit card they hold.
- Your paid Instacart+ membership will auto-renew at the end of your extension unless you cancel.
- Eligible customers can receive statement credits for specific Chase credit cards.
- The statement credit amount and frequency varies based on the specific card held by the customer, earning up to $10-15 per period, with periods ranging from monthly to quarterly.
- Once the free Instacart+ membership ends, the account auto-renews into an annual membership ($99 annually), unless you cancel beforehand, or upgrade or downgrade your eligible Chase credit card.
- Your card is charged once your account converts to a paid plan after your free Instacart+ membership offer ends
- You’ll receive an email notice 30 days ahead of time.
- You can cancel any time through the Your Instacart+ Membership page.
Term of the offer
This offer begins June 15, 2022, and must be redeemed by July 31, 2024.
Qualifying for the offer
To qualify for this offer—
- You must use an eligible Chase credit card as the payment method when claiming the offer.
- You must redeem this offer using the United States version of the Instacart platform.
Eligible Chase credit cards
The following are eligible Chase credit cards, statement credits, and the length of the free Instacart+ membership for this offer—
NOTE: Chase credit cards added via Apple Pay or PayPal aren’t eligible for this promotion.
|Eligible Chase credit card||Statement credits||Length of Instacart+ membership|
|J.P. Morgan Reserve||$15/month||12 months|
|Sapphire Reserve||$15/month||12 months|
|Sapphire Preferred||$15/quarter||6 months|
|Freedom Unlimited||$10/quarter||3 months|
|Freedom Flex||$10/quarter||3 months|
|Freedom Student||$10/quarter||3 months|
|Slate Edge||None||3 months|
If you have multiple eligible Chase credit cards, each card is eligible for the promotion. However, you can’t redeem this offer on multiple cards at the same time.
Claiming the offer
To claim the offer—
- Go to www.instacart.com/chase.
- Select Get Started to create your account or log in.
- Add your Chase credit card.
- Select Activate Now to begin your Instacart+ membership.
Check for active Instacart+ membership
You can check the Your Instacart+ Membership page under your account settings to see if you have an active membership.
You can also see free delivery and a reduced service fee at checkout for orders $35+ per retailer within the Instacart mobile app or website.
Charging your credit card
Instacart charges your card once your account converts to a paid plan at the end of your free membership. You’ll receive a welcome email after signing up which will tell you your next membership renewal date. Then you’ll receive an email notice 30 days before renewal.
Terms and conditions
Complimentary Instacart+ Membership: You will receive one complimentary Instacart+ membership per eligible card account for 12 months (for Chase Sapphire Reserve and J.P. Morgan Reserve cardmembers) or 6 months (for Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire cardmembers) or 3 months (for Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom Flex, Freedom Student, Slate, and Slate Edge cardmembers)when the membership is activated on http://www.instacart.com/chase with an eligible card between 6/15/2022 and 7/31/2024. (“You” and “your” mean you as the primary cardmember or any authorized user, depending on which user activates first). This offer is non-transferrable. Membership must be activated with a United States address. Payment through third-party payment accounts, or online or mobile digital wallets (like Apple Pay and Google Pay), or memberships purchased through third parties are excluded from this offer. Benefits of Instacart’s membership include no delivery fee on orders that total over $35 (amount subject to change – see Instacart.com for current minimum); however, other fees, taxes, and/or tips may apply. Delivery subject to availability. If you do not currently have a paid or trial Instacart+ membership, by activating your Instacart+ membership, you agree to the Instacart+ Terms and you agree that after the complimentary Instacart+ membership period ends, you will be automatically enrolled in an annual Instacart+ membership and billed at $99/year or the then current annual Instacart+ membership rate for each membership activated, unless you have not placed any orders or you cancel during your complimentary Instacart+ membership period. If you currently have a paid or trial Instacart+ membership, you agree that your existing membership will be paused for the duration of this benefit and resume upon expiration. Your existing membership will automatically renew based on the Instacart+ Terms previously agreed upon unless you cancel. Your membership fees will be billed to any active payment method on file until you cancel. You can cancel your Instacart+ membership prior to the end of your complimentary Instacart+ membership period or at any time thereafter by selecting “Cancel Membership” in your Account Settings. Cancellation goes into effect during the next billing cycle. You may cancel within the first 15 calendar days of your paid Instacart+ membership and receive a refund of the Instacart+ membership fee you paid, but only if you have not placed any orders using your Instacart+ membership. If you change to another Chase credit card during the promotional period, your benefits may change. Mobile applications, websites and other information provided by Instacart are not within Chase’s control and may or may not be available in Spanish. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or the failure to provide, Instacart benefits and services. Your complimentary membership benefits may be removed if your eligible credit card account is closed or in default.